A column with four figures emerging from stone — or ascending
The sculpture is a tribute to the four young women who smuggled gun powder to rebels who revolted and refused to remove the bodies from the gas chambers at Auschwitz. The rebels blew up one of the the crematoria. The Nazis crushed the uprising and the women were publicly executed on January 6, 1945.
(Edited from the plaque on the base of the sculpture)